Companies looking to stay ahead of the curve with digital marketing have incorporated and embraced video marketing into their marketing strategy. Does that sound like your company? If not, why not?
While using video in your marketing strategy can help scale your business significantly, you may be asking yourself, how do you create a video marketing culture in your company? How will you get team members to embrace video production? Read on to find out!
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing involves using video content to promote and market products or services to entice viewers and convert them into customers.
Video marketing is crucial for all companies, regardless of their size. According to Eyeview, you can increase your conversion rate by up to 80% by including video content on landing pages. If you are not already producing videos, you need to consider starting ASAP to scale your business.
Benefits Of Video Marketing To Your Company
While video marketing is not a new concept, it is a practical and key part of any marketing strategy. If a picture is worth 100 words, what is a video worth? But that might be an empty statement. Here are the real reasons your company should get into video marketing:
- Videos get people talking and spreading the word. Encourages social shares: According to a survey done by Animoto, four times as many customers prefer to watch a video than read about the same topic. Most individuals who watch videos on their phones are likely to share them with their friends. Video presents your business with an excellent opportunity to stand out and get noticed.
- Videos build trust and credibility. Video allows you to engage with your target audience and earn their trust. They are also an excellent way for you to create your company personality, and can significantly impact the decision-making process of a consumer.
- Videos heavily boost conversion rates. Video marketing helps viewers easily visualise the ins and outs of your product or service. Videos can turn a visitor into a lead or convert a lead to a customer when done right. Allow customers to see your product or service in action, showcase how it can help them, and make it easier for them to make a decision.
Search engines love video content. The mere fact of having a video on your website can dramatically increase traffic to your site and improve your SEO. Videos are entertaining, quick and attract more extended page views. You can’t ignore the statistics, with a landing page containing a video being 50 times more likely to rank on Google
5 Tips To Help You Build A Video Culture At Your Company
Cultivating a video culture can clearly benefit your company, especially if you work in a fast-paced environment. Here are steps to help build company culture videos:
Tip #1 Get the team onboard
The number one response I receive, is coming from marketing stating ‘I cannot get buy-in from the rest of my team.’ It’s easy to say ‘we need video’. But instead of just telling your team this, start educating the management and sales team.
Get everyone in a room together and team them through a workshop, the what, the how and the why to bring videos to life for your brand.
Tip #2 Pitch video as sales, not marketing
When you pitch the idea of video to your company, present it as a sales tool, not a marketing initiative. After all, the greatest results are always found when sales are a priority, as conversion is still a company’s number one priority.
Start thinking about videos that your sales team can use to turn potential leads into customers. Everything from explainer videos, case studies and testimonials. The videos sit in the middle and bottom of the funnel.
Tip #3 Make video a part of customer-facing employee workflows
Whether they’re in sales, service or support, every customer-facing employee should be using video on a regular basis. Video humanises your brands, removing both the dryness of communicating via email and the distance of communicating via phone.
- Create video email signatures. Introduce yourself and bring your personality to life, instead of using the boring line of text with your name and title. Ensure these videos are concise, entertaining, and most importantly, that they show off the employee’s genuine personality.
- Sell with video. When reaching out to people and trying to convince them to open their wallets, video creates a more personalised and relatable experience
- Keep customers informed with personal video outreach. From greetings and happy holidays to how-tos and product updates. Letting our customers know you’re thinking about them, is best done by video.
Tip #4 Answer customer questions with video
Think about your sales and customer success team. What questions are they asked repeatedly? By writing down the questions and starting to recognise the repetition, you can establish a series of videos to save your employees time from answering the same question over and over, as well as getting the answers to customers faster.
As a buyer, we want to know:
- The what, the how and the why. What is it, how do I use it and why should I use it.
- How does the product or service compare to others in the market
- What do others say in reviews/testimonials
Address problems that the buyers want to know, it’s that simple.
Tip #5 Use video for internal communication
Internal video communication is an effective and time-saving way of communicating with all the people who work at the company instead of constantly holding physical meetings.
There are several approaches you can take with internal communication videos. These include using videos to make announcements, creating a recurring video series, informing all employees, and building a remote culture.
Producing videos can seem daunting at first, but it is a pretty straightforward process. Having video as an integral part of your company culture can make a difference and help you connect better with others.
Make Videos Part Of Your Marketing Strategy
Creating a video marketing culture within your company works and has significant benefits when done right. You have to be ready to embrace all aspects of video if you want this to be successful.
Do you want to create a video marketing culture in your company but don’t know how to? Let us help you. Please click below to request a free quote today!