You have an amazing product. So you probably want people to buy it, use it and shout out about it to their friends and the online world… right?!
Then what better way to start the ecosystem than with a product video.
If you’re thinking of creating a product video but don’t know where to start, read on to see the steps you need to take in order to create a video that gets more engagement.
The ultimate Product Video selling cycle
Someone watches your product video on social media, they click through and then buy your product on your website.
They love the product so much! They take photos and tag you on instagram, make videos and upload them to Tik Tok and share stories on Snapchat with their friends.
Suddenly more people are hearing about your product, visiting your website, following you on social media and ultimately purchasing your product for themselves. Boom! Just like that, you have created the ultimate product video selling cycle reaching your target audience. And it all stemmed from a product video.
What is a Product Video?
Product videos are powerful marketing tools for online retailers. But what exactly are they?
A good product video is a short film showcasing the features and benefits of a product. It gives viewers a good idea of what the product looks like, how it works, and why they should buy it.
They can help to increase the conversion rate by showing the product in action and making it easier for people to understand exactly what they are purchasing. From product demonstrations, to how-to’s, promotional material and comparison videos. The potential is endless.
Context is king!
Do not just show off your product. Don’t be afraid to show how your product fits in the bigger picture of your customers’ lives and provide context. Create videos for your product that answer these questions:
- What problem is your product solving?
- How does it help your customers’ lives?
- Will this product increase their overall happiness?
5 Benefits of Producing Quality Product Videos
Product videos have become a necessary part of every company's marketing strategy. A study by Google found that 55% of consumers use videos for purchasing decisions.
1. Product Videos Improve Conversions
Online shopping can be a daunting experience, with a significant amount of people abandoning their carts before completion. Businesses can now use product videos to give potential customers a better understanding of what they are getting.
In addition to the benefits, video marketing has shown an increased conversion rate as well as a higher average order value.
2. Product Videos Increase Your Search Ranking
According to marketing research, 67% of consumers will watch a product video before they make a purchase. Videos can increase your business's organic ranking for keywords by an average of 50%.
3. Product Videos Help You Get More Sales
Product videos can help spread the word about your awesome product and ultimately lead to more sales. You can use them to create awareness about your product, educate customers about the benefits, demonstrate the product in action and much more.
4. Product Videos Help You Convert More Customers
Video marketing is a powerful way to connect with your customers. People are more likely to buy a product after watching a video. Product videos help you convert more customers by providing information and demonstration of a product in a short amount of time.
5. Product Videos Can Be Used For Customer Service
A product video can be a powerful tool for customer service. No longer is it necessary to send customers through a complicated process of reading instructions, entering information, and waiting for the product to arrive. A quick video will show them how to use the product and answer any questions they might have.
Gofar added a product video to their landing page, and as a result increased conversion from shopper to customer of up to 10%.
How to Get More Engagement with Product Videos?
There are many ways that you can use product videos to get more engagement with your products. For example, you can create a video that is short and concise, create an emotional video, or include social media links in the video description.
This section will explore the different types of videos that you can use to promote your product.
1) Explainer Videos. The humble explainer video tells you exactly how a product works and shares the story behind your brand and a product description. Often, explainer videos are what convinces someone to make a purchase.
2) Demonstration Videos. Simply put, they showcase the product in action while someone is using it.
3) How-to Videos and tutorials. These are instructive, providing a list of step-by-step instructions, explaining how customers can use your product in detail.
4) Unboxing Videos. Generate hype and excitement about your amazing product with an unboxing, unveiling or reveal video.
5) Product Review Videos. Show why your product or service is better than the competition with social proof and testimonials.
How to Create Compelling Product Videos?
There are several key components to making a compelling product video:
- The introduction is where you introduce the viewer to their problem and the product,
- The body is where you present your idea in detail. From your solution, to how your product will solve their problem,
- The conclusion is where you summarize what you have said in the video, and
- The call to action is where you ask for viewers to take some kind of action.
Conclusion: The Secrets of an Effective Product Video
From increasing brand awareness, to converting shoppers, educating customers and creating a buzz, product videos are highly effective throughout your marketing cycle.
An effective product video is one that is able to convey the benefits of the product in a way that is easy for viewers to understand and portrays the right level of information at the time of need.
The video should also be able to highlight any points of concern or things that could go wrong with the use of the product. It should be short and concise, and it should not include any irrelevant information.
Let Us Help You Create Top Quality Product Videos
Now you know the secrets and benefits to product marketing with video content. But do you know who can help you create top high quality product videos?
We specialise in crafting engaging, relevant, and persuasive professional videos. To see what our video production can do for your company, get in touch today.