Everyone loves to watch videos, making video content a great way to tell your brand story. They’re more than just a tool used in your marketing campaign. Video storytelling can give your business a competitive edge and create a positive brand experience from the outset.
When done right, a company story video has the power to humanise your brand, create emotional connections with your customers and provide brand transparency, making you more engaging than ever before.
Benefits of Telling Your Brand Story
- It’s a way to create connections with your customers
- It tells people who you are and what you stand for
- It makes customers feel like they know you
- It gives them a sense of belonging
- It creates a sense of community
What a company story video can do for your business and why you need one
A company story video is a video that tells your story to customers on a more personal level. Everything from who you are and what you stand for, to behind the scenes and the team in action. It brings brand awareness and makes you more relatable, making it an essential part of all marketing strategies.
A company video can be used:
- To help you connect with your audience and tell them what makes your business unique
- As an introduction for new employees to introduce the company culture, values, and mission.
- For marketing purposes, by telling the story of how your product or service came to life.
- For recruitment and showing off the work your company does and why it’s worth coming in for an interview or applying for a job.
- To help SEO ranking on search engines and increase traffic to your website
What Makes a Good Brand Story?
A company story video is a great way to tell your company's story, what your brand stands for, and why you are different. But what exactly makes a good one as opposed to a bad one?
A good band storey aims for a targeted audience. It will be able to connect with the audience and make them feel something. It should also be able to create a sense of community around the brand.
Tip: People buy more products and services based on emotion rather than logic and a meaningful company story video told with a sense of purpose and authenticity will appeal to your audience’s emotional psyche.
5 Steps to Tell Your Brand Story Through Videos
The story of your brand is the most important thing to tell. If you want to create a compelling story, you need to know the five steps that will help you get there.
1) Understand your audience and speak to their needs.
The best brands communicate their benefits, why people should care, and how they can solve a problem.
2) Know your message and speak from the heart.
If you can't get excited about what you're saying, nobody else will.
3) Create a plan for success.
After your audience watch your story, how would you like them to feel, what would you like them to do?
4) Focus on the execution.
Remember to tell your story and be authentic rather than trying to overtly sell and using sales messaging.
5) Keep it fresh.
You want to stand out, be eye-catching and show what makes your company unique. Keep it short and sweet.
A company story video is a powerful tool for any business looking to grow its customer base. When people can see who you are and what you're about, they'll be more likely to buy from you.
When it comes to creating a successful company video, tell, don’t sell. Ditch the salesy messaging and tell your story with authenticity, from the heart. By being honest, you will build trust with the audience and connect on a deeper level.
Tell Your Brand Story Through Videos
If you’d like to hear more about how to create a company story video that humanises your brand and brings it to life, then get in touch. We’re corporate video production Sydney experts. We’re more than happy to share our advice!